Monday, February 6, 2012

New Year, New Projects, New Discoveries

The new year has started off with a bang... School has started again, my first solo exhibition, and two projects running concurrently. As I mentioned last week, I've got my first solo exhibition that runs through the end of February at The Cavalryman Restaurant here in Laramie; make your reservations for Valentines Day! I'm still working on The Civic Center project; I'll be posting more soon. But, I've got another exciting project in the works - the old Midwest/Standard refinery on North Cedar Street. The Laramie Rivers Conservation District, (LRCD), recently purchased the property and are planning to clean up the site. I want to take this opportunity to thank Tony Hoch, and the LRCD for allowing me to access and document the site as it sits today, and through the renovation/reclamation process. For more information about the LRCD, visit their web site at :  http://www.lrcd.net
The following six images are from my initial visits to the site. The first is probably one of the most familiar views, as anyone who has driven by knows. The second, third, fourth, and fifth are images taken inside the large green structure on the second floor. The last image is of one of the larger, intact structures on the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment