Friday, April 13, 2012

Ghost Train

I've been working on school assignments exclusively for the last couple of weeks; of these, one of my personal favorites is the image below. I want to thank Paul Harrison, Mike Zook, and the rest of the Parks and Recreation Department of the City of Laramie, along with Larry Ostresh and Jerry Hanson and the Laramie Railroad Depot Association for their help and support for this project. I also want to thank everyone who loaned me the floodlights - this might have looked a little weird with just the lights inside the train.
For those who are unaware, the park is lined on the east side by old and tall trees. Further, there is only only one streetlight across the street, the effect of which is seen on the fence near the boiler, (blueish light). This image is slightly altered; I "removed" the graffiti, and the expanding foam from the engine.
Please click on the image for a larger view.
A little technical information: I used fourteen light fixtures inside the train, plus one in front for the headlamp. I used six 2x 500-watt worklights outside to light the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment